Trust and Faith in Loved Ones

Hello Gang,

     I'm having troubles trusting and having faith in somebody very close to me. We will call this person A, shout out to the PLL fans. A is usually somebody that I have been able to rely on and somebody that I would never doubt, but something has happened and its giving me this feeling. Something doesn't feel right.
     Recently I went through a troubling incident with somebody I thought was my friend. Turns out.... he wasn't even close to being my friend (Lets call him W). It's funny how you can be so sure of people but they turn out being completely different than what you thought. It just shows how complex every person is and how you should never assume all people are just good or just bad.
     Anyway, A, W, and I were all apart of this friend group and when this incident happened it shot me out. It hurt me to an extreme extent and it will always leave a mark on me, but the one thing that got me through it was knowing that A would be there for me. That they would be on my side and always help me. That they would leave W because of his actions and that A would protect me, and A did, at first. After a while A went back to W, even though A knew how much pain W put me through. Knowing that A hangs out and talks to W hurts so much. Its like I'm right back in the situation with W and A isn't going to protect me.
      I've talked to A about how they are hurting me and they feel bad, but they haven't stopped talking to W. A and W have been friends for a really long time. Long before I came along. To you reading this it might sound like I'm being selfish asking A to drop his best friend, but if you knew the whole story I think you'd be on my side. Its a very very sensitive and private story for me and it's too hard to share at the moment. I love A and A loves me, but this fact makes the pain even more intense. Every time A tells me they love me it feels like they are lying to me and stabbing me in the back. It might just be a me thing, but I think that if somebody loves you they wouldn't ever want to hurt you. And if you told them they were hurting you, they would stop.
     I told A that I would try to get used to the fact that they were going to be friends with W because I didn't want to lose A. It was going well, but then I saw A get a message from W, it made it so much harder. I think its a thousand times harder now because I know for a fact that A is talking to W. Before, I just thought that A was. I didn't have any definitive proof. Now everything is different. When I saw the message it was like I had been stabbed in the gut. I couldn't breath. To make everything worse... I can't even talk to A about it. I told A I would try to get used to them being friends because I don't want to be that kind of person that gives somebody an ultimatum or makes somebody end a friendship, but I feel like I can't be close to A if they are close with W.
     This is the part in the movie where the character falls to their knees crying in the rain, yelling into the abyss of a sky "What do I do!?" And then everything magically gets better and they live happily ever after. Too bad I'm not a character in a movie. I'm just a teenage girl with TONS of problems. So, you guys are my abyss that I'm going to yell into... What do I do?


                                                      ~ Skylar
   

Comments

Popular Posts