Summer Essentials

Hola Amigos,

     We are well into summer by now. So far I have had a good mix of boring days and exciting days. During the past few months I have been having lots of lazy days by myself which is extremely rejuvenating and I have had tons of fun days with my friends. Throughout this summer, I have collected a few items that I deem necessary for me to have.
     The first item is deodorant and perfume. It gets extremely hot here in Minnesota which means you sweat... a lot. I use Old Spice Extra Fresh. Yes, I know its weird that Im a girl and that I wear mens deodorant, but it works a thousand times better. The perfume that I love to wear in summer is Golden Pineapple Luau from Bath and Body Works. If you have ever been in this store you know it's like the smells are intoxicating and you can't help, but go in and buy every scent. I have so many bottles of their perfume, but this perfume is definitely one of the best. For me, its like summer in a bottle. I can't get enough of it.
     The Second item is Converse. They are my all time favorite shoes. They go with everything and are so comfortable. I have multiple pairs in different colors. I have low cut and high tops, but I prefer high tops. If you see me in public you will most likely see me in a pair of my converse. I could be wearing a dress or sweats, it doesn't matter. I even wore my converse to prom. They are definitely an essential.
     The next two items are pretty obvious, but I still want to mention them. A swim suit and sunglasses are one of the most important things to make it through the summer. I usually live in a swim suit because I'll take any opportunity to go swimming. Of course I have my sunglasses on because it is way brighter outside than in my room.
     When I've been out all day in the sun or with friends and we decide to have a bonfire it's really nice to have a big sweatshirt to change into. They are very comfortable and keep the mosquitos from eating me alive. The bigger they are the better too because if you can somehow fit your entire body into the sweatshirt its way more comfortable.
     Next is a restaurant called Green Leaf. It is a bubble tea store. Theres lists of different teas, flavors, and types of drinks to choose from. My regular drink is a pineapple and cherry smoothie with kiwi flavored popping pearls. It sounds really weird and maybe even gross, but its actually delicious.
     Last two items are juice and fresh fruit. I get very thirsty in the summer and not many things can quench that thirst. I have found that Gatorade, Ice drinks, and this lemonade from Target have been able to do the trick. So, I will often have one in hand. Fruit is one of the best things to have in summer. I will be craving something cold, but most things will make me feel sick, so I go to fruit because its juicy and refreshing.



                                                            ~Skylar

Comments

Popular Posts