Hospitals

Hello,


     As I am writing this I am not the happiest person in the world. As of tomorrow I will no longer be going to school as I am being put into a hospital program again. It's called PHP, short for partial hospitalization program. I will be going to the hospital everyday from 8:45 AM to 3:00 PM. Luckily it isn't inpatient, which is where you are locked in the hospital and aren't allowed to leave. I am very upset that I have to go to this program again. This will be my third time.
     I just want to start out by saying that being hospitalized in any way because of a mental illness is never a bad thing. You should always make sure that you or your loved ones are safe and alive. The programs that they have for adolescents, like myself, are very helpful. I have had some pretty dark times in my life so far and I would never have made it out without the hospital. In PHP, they teach you many ways to help you get through the rough times. Things like, PMR; Progressive Muscle Relaxation, deep breathing, mental imagery relaxation, etc. They help you identify your triggers and coping skills for dealing with your emotions. The environment is very comforting and there is always somebody to talk to. All the workers care about the children so much. They aren't just there for the money, they actually want to help kids get better. If you or somebody you know is really struggling I suggest you look into one of the hospitalization programs and if you think that that level of care is too much, then at least just see a doctor. You or your loved ones are not alone and they can get better.
     With that said, you're probably wondering why I'm upset that I am going into PHP again. The reason I'm so upset is because I feel like a failure. When I got out of PHP in December I was so happy. I was feeling amazing and I was going to start over at a new school. Nothing could stop me now. I was going to make it through the second half of my Junior year. I was going to be so successful and happy. I wasn't able to accomplish that though. It's heartbreaking for me. All I want is to be able to get through one school year like a normal kid, but nope. Once again I have proven to myself that I am not capable of it. The worst part is that I won't be able to say bye to the amazing friends that I have made. I'm just going to drop of the face of the earth and they'll forget all about me. That's one of my biggest fears, being forgotten. And I might be facing that fear right now.


                                                                   ~Skylar

Comments

  1. Hey Skylar,

    This is Mr. Bosquez. I remember seeing your blog that day in school, so I decided to Google search it to see if I could learn more about why you would no longer be at school. I wasn't told why you were no longer coming to school, I only received an email saying that you wouldn't be back and that I needed to let the office know what your grade was in Chemistry. I felt pretty disappointed to be honest because I really enjoyed having you in class and I thought that you were a fantastic student. You understood chemistry very well and I think that you could do really well in a career that involved science.

    I didn't know or realize that you had troubles like this, but sometimes we just have to deal with what life has given us. I don't think that you are a failure in any way, shape, or form. Every day that you were in class you showed me that you are an intelligent and motivated student with so much potential. I honestly think that you have a really great future ahead of you Skylar. Keep on pushing ahead, embrace the support of those around you, and I know that you will end up happy and successful. I'm really glad that I got to have you in my class because it makes me remember why I love teaching so much. Getting to meet students like you who are so bright and have so much potential ignites my passion to help them achieve their goals.

    I wish you all the best and I hope that I hear from you again in the future. My email is jeremy.bosquez@wm.k12.mn.us and you can email me anytime. I promise that of all the students that come through my door, you are definitely going to be one that I WON'T forget.

    Best wishes,

    - Jeremy Bosquez

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts