Dreams

Hello dreamers,


     Remember when you were in kindergarten and you'd be asked "What do you want to be when you're older"? I'm just guessing here, but you probably said something like; a fireman, doctor, princess, etc. When I was a little girl I wanted to be a princess more than anything. Obviously we can't all be princesses in a literal way. My point is, dreams change.
     I have gone through so many different phases in my life. When I was in middle school I was convinced that I would go to Juliard and become a famous singer. I once wanted to be a doctor, professional swimmer, soldier in the Army. There are so many things that I would love to be able to do with my life. How do I even choose what my main dream is?
     I used to think about this all the time. I had no clue what I wanted to spend my entire life doing. I mean... that is a big decision. I kept thinking and thinking until I had thought myself out of thoughts. The moment that I stopped trying so hard to figure it out, it came to me. I want to do something important, possibly change someones life. I want to do something that I really enjoy. I want to do something that is practical and that I could be successful in. How could I possibly do that? Writing. Writing is my passion. I have always loved words. It didn't matter if I was reading, listening, talking, or writing. All I needed was a little spark to ignite the fire in my chest. I am so determined now. I want to write. This is my dream.

     If you're still reading this, let me know what your dream is. I'd love to know.

                                                                       ~Skylar

Comments

Popular Posts