Travels

Hello fellow humans,

     I'm pretty damn lucky for a 16 year old. I have gotten to travel to some amazing places in my 16 years. The past 2 years I have been to places like; Germany, Dubai, Belgium, Ireland, England, etc. It was such an amazing experience that I will never forget. I think traveling is an amazing opportunity. You get to see all these different cultures, architecture, food, beautiful nature and so much more. 

                                                                          Germany










   
     I have been to Germany twice. The first time I was there wasn't the best. I stayed in Berlin where it was really busy and I felt like I was always lost. I didn't know any of the German rules. I couldn't communicate with anybody that well because of the language difference. It made my anxiety act up a lot more than normal because I just could not feel comfortable there, so I tried to spend most of the time in the hotel.




     My second trip there went a million times better. Instead of hating Germany, I fell in love. I stayed in the countryside with my old foreign exchange student Luk. Just being able to stay with Luk and his family was amazing enough, but him home was beautiful. It felt more like normal for me. Plus, most of his friends knew english so I could actually have a full conversation with people. I would absolutely love to go back and stay with them again.  












England








Out of all the places I have visited, I have spent the most time in England. More specifically, Leicester. My mother has a fiancé from England, so we always visit him and I technically have a house in England. During Sophomore year I did online school and stayed in England with my mom for four months. I started to get an accent and I was talking with their lingo by the time I went home. I didn't even notice that I was doing it. I had gotten so accustomed to their lifestyle. It was definitely weird going home.

      It was so different from being at home and going to regular school. At first I was really worried on how I was going to handle my school work while I am traveling, but I quickly got the hang of it. I learned more while I was traveling than I ever could have been able to learn in a classroom. I had always learned about these countries and I thought I understood the specific cultures, but it turns out I wasn't even close to understanding. It's so hard to learn something without actually witnessing it because there are so many stereotypes about everything.



















Dubai


     Dubai was a stunning place. I was absolutely blown away by its beauty. We stayed at the Atlantis on the man made island for two days. It was one of the coolest places I have ever been. It is a huge hotel. I was in awe of the huge lobby with this huge sculpture in the middle of it. Around the edge of the lobby were huge clam shell shaped fountains. By huge I mean it could have been my bed. If that wasn't cool enough... we walk down the hall to the elevators and theres this railing with people looking over. I go to see what they were all looking at and there it was! 
     
   


      Dubai was a stunning place. I was absolutely blown away by its beauty. We stayed at the Atlantis on the man made island for two days. It was one of the coolest places I have ever been. It is a huge hotel. I was in awe of the huge lobby with this huge sculpture in the middle of it. Around the edge of the lobby were huge clam shell shaped fountains. By huge I mean it could have been my bed. If that wasn't cool enough... we walk down the hall to the elevators and theres this railing with people looking over. I go to see what they were all looking at and there it was!



   

     An entire wall thats an aquarium! From ceiling to floor! It was the biggest aquarium I had ever seen. My mom then told me that if you went downstairs and followed one of the hallways, it brings you to the entrance of an entire exhibit of aquariums. The exhibit was all decorated around the myth of the lost city of Atlantis.  It was like a dream. The hotel was also connected to a water park with rides and everything. You could choose to go in a pool, the ocean, or a water park. I even got to swim with dolphins. Dubai was hands down one of the best trips I have ever been on.

Comments

Popular Posts